Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tiannamen Square and Forbidden City

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Had a good time today at T Square and Forbidden City. Not so interesting for Lolah but she was a good. Beautiful architecture.

We are stared at quite a bit when we are in a group. Especially the little girl who came with her parents to adopt her brother. She is so tired of being asked if they can have their picture taken with her that she just pulls her hat down. Rachel, I cannot imagine what they would do with Katie! Her blond hair and fair skin would make you some money - all she would have to do is get her picture taken.

This couple also decided to buy a book at the Forbidden City from a vendor. They were handed back some change and decided to give a 20 yuan to a beggar. The man would not take it. They could not understand why until our guide told them it was counterfeit. Smart beggar knows his stuff.

Darryn as always loves to engage with the guys and gals selling things on the streets. If they do not listen to his no thank you, he puts his arm over their shoulder and has them walk with us for a while before they figure it out. I guess that is one way to get them off your back. By the way it is illegal to sell stuff on the street, this yet it is done so much I am guessing they cannot control it. D did get a hat though, check it out.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was off to lunch and Lily had arranged for us to go to this traditional restaurant from a minority group. I did not catch where she said they lived in China but they sure have beautiful girls. We had entertainment of singing, dancing and musical instuments during our meal. Lolah loved it. Check out the concentration she had while watching them. I enjoyed a snuggle with her also during the show as you can see.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We decided to eat food we had in our room instead of going with our group to McDonalds for dinner. Loalh had a long bath and quite enjoyed it.

Tomorrow we are off to Sea World. I do not know anything about it but I think the kids will love it. Then we have dinner our our guide, actually the business that she works for. We are having a traditional chinese dinner.

Oh by the way on our way this morning Lily pointed out a food market along the street that sells dog meat. No mystery meat for me while I am here. If I cannot be 100% sure of what it is I have not eaten it.

Good night from Beijing.
D,J and L

D already has 2 suitcases packed. I think he is having a good time but is also eager to see those special boys.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a wonderful trip! It will be sad to leave Lolah's birth country but it is always nice to come home! Again, thanks for sharing your journey!

    Blair

    ReplyDelete